Ashmole & Co have an opportunity for a position of a Payroll Clerk at our Carmarthen or Neath Offices. Ashmole & Co are one of the largest Chartered Certified Accountants in Wales, a rapidly expanding and modern firm.
We are looking for a person who has existing payroll experience. The skills required for the role are:
• Be a team player, but who can also use their own initiative
• Can cope with a busy environment
• Have good logical thought processes and numeracy skills
• Excellent communication skills with both clients and fellow employees
• Proficient computer knowledge.
Responsibilities to include:
• Process payroll as per clients’ requirements
• Maintain payroll records
• Ensure processes and procedures follow current regulations
• Respond and resolve queries from clients relating to payroll
• Calculate wages and deductions
• Regular usage of payroll systems, including data compilation and input
• Liaison with HM Revenue and Customs
• Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet client’s needs
• Calculate tax and NI commitments
• Set up and process new employees
• Check hours and calculate overtime and holiday pay
• Process relevant paperwork
• Involvement with special situations such as maternity pay
• Administer accurate records for new starters and leavers
• Assist with Auto Enrolment Pension procedures
Salary is commensurate on experience.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Hours: Full time. The firm provide extra holidays for long service.
Location: Carmarthen or Neath Offices.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to Ashmole & Co, The Old School, The Quay, Carmarthen, SA31 3LN or email email@example.com