We are a successful and forward-thinking practice in search of a trainee accountant to join the team in our Llandeilo office. Many of the existing partners in the practice have trained with the firm which highlights the career prospects.
Ensuring all clients are provided with an excellent service, meeting their deadlines, and supporting day to day queries that clients may have.
You will be part of a team processing clients’ accounts, tax returns, VAT returns and company secretary duties. The role demands accuracy and attention to detail.
With the support of colleagues, you will ensure the smooth running of clients' accounting systems.
Accountability & Activities:
Bookkeeping - mainly using Quickbooks, Xero and Sage to perform reconciliations of clients' accounts data to enable production of VAT Returns and management accounts.
Completing limited company confirmation statements, with the support of colleagues.
Client contact in regard to day-to-day questions and queries.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
· Strong analytical, problem solving and issue resolution abilities with an eye for detail
· Excellent decision making and judgement skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
· An organised and flexible approach to work
· Strong knowledge of Excel and Word; experience of working with financial systems (especially Iris, Quickbooks and Xero) an advantage.
· Excellent accounting skills including a solid grasp of taxation for individuals and small companies
· Ability to work in a small team and take ownership of tasks
We are currently looking for one of the following:
1. Graduates with a 2.2 Hons and above
2. Individuals who are currently studying for the ACCA or ICAEW qualification; and/or
3. Individuals who have passed AAT level 3
Training: Fully funded training package offered in addition to basic salary.
Contract Type: Permanent.
Hours: 34 hours per week.
Office location: Llandeilo
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com