We are currently looking for a Payroll Clerk in our Carmarthen office. Ashmole & Co are one of the largest Chartered Certified Accountants in Wales, a rapidly expanding and modern firm.
We are looking for either a person who has existing payroll experience or a trainee payroll clerk. The skills required for the role are:
• Be a team player, but who can also use their own initiative
• Can cope with a busy environment
• Have good logical thought processes and numeracy skills
• Excellent communication skills with both clients and fellow employees
• Proficient computer knowledge – Understanding of Sage Payroll an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.
Responsibilities to include:
• Process payroll as per clients requirements
• Maintain payroll records
• Ensure processes and procedures follow current regulations
• Respond and resolve queries from clients relating to payroll
• Calculate wages and deductions
• Regular usage of payroll systems, including data compilation and input
• Liaison with HMRC
• Develop the payroll function to ensure it continues to meet client’s needs
• Calculate tax and NI commitments
• Set up and process new employees
• Check hours and calculate overtime and holiday pay
• Process relevant paperwork
• Involvement with special situations such as statutory leave
• Administer accurate records for new starters and leavers
• Auto Enrolment pension submissions
• Construction Industry Scheme monthly submissions
Salary is commensurate on experience.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to Ashmole & Co, The Old School, The Quay, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire SA31 3LN or email: Ashmolehr@ashmole.co.uk and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 30th June 2021.